Monday, August 24, 2015

Math Mistakes

I have finally gotten a chance to look through some of the great resources shared here from Brian Bushart.  I really like the idea of Math Mistakes; however some of the problems may be a little hard for my students. I have tried this concept in my class.  We have analyzed math problems done incorrectly or used student's work to figure out what is incorrect about a wrong answer.  I think this really helps students think critically, and also makes them less likely to make the same mistake in the future.  Plus, they always love to point out mistakes!  I  need to make an effort to continue having students think in this way.

3 comments:

  1. This is exciting! You have the students doing the work and doing the talking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of learning from mistakes. You might like this video on Teaching Channel called, "My Favorite No: Learning from Mistakes". You will probably have to sign in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot the link-sorry. Here it is...

    https://www.teachingchannel.org/videos/class-warm-up-routine

    ReplyDelete